For more information on establishing a Young Mayor programme, please contact Darren Matthews on 020 7332 2646. Alternatively you can email email@example.com
Don’t have a Young Mayor, but would quite like one?
If you don’t have a Young Mayor in your area at the moment, and you’re interested in trying to get one, there are a number of things you could do:
- Talk to other young people in your area to find out if it’s something they’d be interested in.
- Start a petition to get support for the idea.
- It will be important to know what exists already and think about how a Young Mayor might fit into that, if you’re going to make a successful case for having one.
- Do some research into the ways that young people in your area are currently represented. Is there a youth council? Do you have UK Youth Parliament representatives?
- Arrange to meet your Participation Worker / Principal Youth Officer to talk to them about it / present what you’ve found out.
- You could also ask if you could present your case for a Young Mayor to your school assembly / local youth group.
- If you need to get extra support to make it happen, try writing to your local newspaper to get publicity or contact your local councillor.
Don’t forget you can make use of the resources on this website to help you make your case!